The Atomic Backland 62 UL Vert is Davide Magnini's weapon of choice for climbing at maximum speed during big vertical, uphill race efforts.
When you're focused on racing uphill as quickly as possible, you need a purpose-built racing ski made with big vertical efforts in mind. The Atomic Backland 62 UL Vert is precisely that. Made for Vertical ski races, and with its narrow geometry from tip to tail and its ultralight construction, the Backland 62 UL Vert wants to fly up the mountain. Developed with Atomic Skimo athlete Davide Magnini, the Backland 62 UL Vert features Active Camber for increased stride control and greater efficiency on the climb. The Carbon Backbone, Ultra Light Woodcore, and Carbon Fiberglass construction create a stable ski that keeps the package light and precise for the uphill. When paired with the dedicated Atomic Race Skin 62 skin, the Backland 62 UL Vert is the ski that will accelerate your way to the top.
- HRZN Tech Tip: A broad, beveled tip with 10% more surface area for floatation and decreased tip deflection in chop.
- Ultra Light Woodcore: The poplar and Caruba woodcore create a balance of low weight and optimum performance.
- Carbon Backbone: An ultra-lightweight carbon insert that runs the length of the ski like a stabilizing backbone.
- Carbon Fiberglass: Construction with Carbon Fiberglass composite layers for an ultralight, powerful, dynamic ski.
- World Cup Base Finish: World Cup-level grinding means less friction and more speed.
|Sidecut Tail (mm)||72|
|Sidecut Tip (mm)||83|
|Sidecut Waist (mm)||62|
Understanding boot and binding compatibility can be complicated. Alpine or Alpine Touring? ISO what?
With multiple boot/binding standards designed for different applications and skier types, finding the right gear requires more knowledge and expertise than ever before.
Contact us to navigate your options and discover what's right for you.