Atomic Backland 65 UL is a fast and light touring ski built for chasing personal bests and ascending massive vertical.
Developed in close cooperation with Atomic's World Cup ski mountaineering athletes, Backland 65 UL is the ultimate fast and light speed machine. Flying uphill and charging downhill, its ultralight construction is designed to achieve personal bests and ascend massive vertical. Constructed with ultralight Carbon Fiberglass and the Ultra Light Woodcore, Backland 65 UL is one of the lightest touring skis Atomic offers. The Full Cap construction features an optimized rocker to make the ski super stable and the HRZN Tech tip busts through chop and crud with authority. The cut-out notch in the tip allows for fixing skins quickly during races while the World Cup base finish makes it fly. This is the ski of choice for Atomic's World Cup Skimo Team.
- HRZN Tech Tip: A broad, beveled tip with 10% more surface area for floatation and decreased tip deflection in chop.
- Ultra Light Woodcore: The poplar and Caruba woodcore create a balance of low weight and optimum performance.
- Carbon Backbone: An ultra-lightweight carbon insert that runs the length of the ski like a stabilizing backbone.
- Carbon Fiberglass: Construction with Carbon Fiberglass composite layers for an ultralight, powerful, dynamic ski.
- World Cup Base Finish: World Cup-level grinding means less friction and more speed.
|Sidecut Tail (mm)||78.5|
|Sidecut Tip (mm)||93|
|Sidecut Waist (mm)||65|
Understanding boot and binding compatibility can be complicated. Alpine or Alpine Touring? ISO what?
With multiple boot/binding standards designed for different applications and skier types, finding the right gear requires more knowledge and expertise than ever before.
Contact us to navigate your options and discover what's right for you.